SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • November 12th, 2019 — Universal Audio is proud to release OX Amp Top Box firmware v1.2 featuring a heavy-hitting collection of 4×12 cabs with vintage & modern 30-watt British speakers for hard rock and metal, new combo cabs loaded with iconic high-headroom, extended range speakers for huge clean tones, 25 new RIG presets, and footswitch controls for fast and easy toggling of OX’s studio-grade effects.
OX is a premium reactive load box and guitar recording system, giving guitarists perfectly studio-miked amp sounds from their existing tube amp. OX lets users play and record tube amps in their ideal sweet spots — from the edge-of-breakup to fully cranked — with perfect dynamics at any volume level, and with stunning mic, room, and speaker cabinet emulations at the turn of its RIG knob.
New OX v.1.2 cabinet/speaker models include: a late ’60s Fender Twin Reverb with vintage JBL D-120Fs, a 4×12 birch Marshall cabinet with Celestion 30-watt “Greenbacks,” a 4×12 Marshall 1960 TV cab with Celestion Vintage 30s, and a 4×12 Mesa/Boogie extra deep cabinet with Celestion Vintage 30s.*
A TEC Award winner at the 2019 NAMM show, OX Amp Top Box was also the recipient of Sound On Sound’s Readers’ Choice Award for Best New Guitar Technology Product.
Using OX Amp Top Box, guitarists can quickly audition a range of expert cabinet/mic/room combinations — and may find that they never need to mic their tube amp again.
- Premium, no-compromise analog reactive load box and guitar recording system for tube guitar amps
- Instant album-quality mic and speaker cabinet tones via front-panel “RIG” control
- Get record-ready sounds quickly with expertly-placed virtual mics — no miking needed
- Five finely-tuned amp attenuation levels — from off to whisper quiet to full band volume
- UA Dynamic Speaker Modeling emulates speaker breakup and cone cry
- Choose from 22 speaker cabs, six cabinet mics, and six room mics
- Studio mixer with 2 independent close mics, and stereo room & mic modeling
- Hands-free toggling of OX’s studio-grade EQ, compression, delay, and reverb with up to three external footswitches
- Selectable 4, 8, and 16-ohm operation
- Front-panel Headphone out for silent practice with cranked tones
- Balanced TRS line outs and S/PDIF digital outs for stereo recording
- Pair with OX app (Windows 10, iPad, or Mac) over Wi-Fi for editing and saving presets
Download OX Amp Top Box Firmware v1.2 here:
Learn more about OX Amp Top Box here:
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.”www.uaudio.com
©2019 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The “Universal Audio” name, UA “diamond” logo, “Apollo,” “Apollo Twin,” “UAD,” “Powered Plug-Ins,” and “UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins” are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc. *All product names used here are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Universal Audio Inc. or the OX Amp Top Box product. These trademarks are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during Universal Audio’s sound model development for the OX Amp Top Box.